This was very interesting assignment. I took many pictures. I had to go back and take more because I didn't like the way the collage looked at first. I also made a collage with more textures - this was of baby toys. In the first collage I used Picasa. In the second collage I used photovisi. Both worked a little differently. I enjoyed using both. With the Picasa I liked that you could scramble the pictures until you got what you wanted. When I got the basic look that I wanted I ended up sliding the pictures out a little bit to get exactly what I wanted. With the baby toys I liked how you could see the textures of the items.


I love the statue in the top one of the little girl, she stands out. I also love how the baby toys are bright and colorful!!! It shows alot of different textures as well as colors. Great shots!!
ReplyDeleteI like all the baby toys. I have little ones myself and they always seem to have toys everywhere. I noticed all the toys are bright colors as well. On collage #1 the flower that is half in the sun light and half in the shade has good image quality. Were most of the shots taken straight down? I know I was shaking a little in my shots. I think some of them came out blurry because of it. Your pictures do not look blurry. Did you have a method to steady your hands?
ReplyDeleteJeremy
DeleteI work in my neighbors family home daycare. We have an eight month old and a nine month old so we have plenty of baby toys. Our other children range from the ages of 19 months to 4 years for a total of 6. As far as the shaking goes I find the closer I keep the camera to my body the less shaky my hands are. Most of my pictures were taken straight down. After taking many pictures from different points of view the effect of the textures I wanted came out best from this point of view.
Hi Holly,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed viewing your collages! I particularly enjoyed the collage of the toys and your use of focal length. A lot of your pictures came out really clear with a few suffering from blurriness. I love the clarity of the photo in the top right corner of the collage – I believe it is a dolphin. I can actually see the detailing on the tail!
Shelley
DeleteThe dolphin is actually a Seal. I did notice the blurriness in some of them, especially the top left purple bead.
Holly:
ReplyDeleteThe baby pictures made me smile to see. This assignment was tricky; getting close enough to get up-close detail, but not having all your close up imagery blur. I can tell through your pictures that you were working this out. I really like how you came back to the butterfly and took it at night while it was lit up.
Nice combo of photos in both the first and second collages. I prefer the baby toys I think because of the variety. I might have liked seeing some even closer, but as Jessi said you seem to have been working out the distance you wanted to be from the various objects. I love the asymmetrical placement of photos in both collages.
ReplyDeleteHolly,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your comments and thoughts on this week's assignment as well as viewing your two collages. I, like many others, preferred the baby toy images to the garden themed photographs. I think that, while beautiful, the garden photographs all had a similarly shaded/colored background which made them all sort of blend in together. In contrast, the baby toy photographs were all in a variety of different colors and shades that really demanded attention. I like the numerous different angles and distances you shot from. Great job!
Cristine