This week is about light and color. I played with the saturation, hue and lightness. I also played with the levels adjustment and the exposure correction. In the photo of the dark clouds my intent was to lighten the sky and make the grass greener. In the picture with the trees my intent was to put a little more color in the trees. I feel they could still use a bit more color.
Holly,
ReplyDeleteI think your tree adjustment is just right. I know when I'm editing photos, sometimes I get a little carried away and while the end result is nice, it's a little much. Your hues are enhanced just enough to add some richness to the photo without changing it too much and the sky is just beautiful. I like both versions of your first photo. The first one is really dramatic with the tree silhouettes against the brightness of the sky, but the edited version also has this calm, airy feeling that makes it pleasing to view. Great photos!
I think my pictures came out a lot like yours. I like that the adjustments you made really showed us a lot more detail that was in the background that we couldn't see as well before.
ReplyDeleteHolly:
ReplyDeletePlaying around with shadowing, exposure time, and detail clarity can also provide some interesting results when you mix in color saturation and temperature. I can see that you were really trying to make the fall colors pop. Nice work!