Thursday, November 1, 2012

Week 9 filters

This week is working with filters. I had fun playing with the different filters.The first picture I used the artistic filter and chose colored pencil. In the 2nd picture I used the brush stroke and chose ink outline. After changing many photos these were the ones I liked the best.

6 comments:

  1. Holly,
    I was so iffy with the filters. Some of them were definite no's, others I just wasn't sure about. I like the effect you achieved with your second photo. It added a little grain and grit to the photo, which is usually not something you expect with flowers, so it made it more interesting to look at. The contrast you got with the colored pencil effect in your first photo was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you did with the second photo. It looks like a painting now and not at all like a photo. The photo itself is great too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly – The second photo is by far my favorite! I love the effect you were able to achieve! The flower is beautiful on its own, but the ink outline really makes it pop and adds a flare of interest to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems everyone else likes the second photo, but I immediately liked the first one. I really like the mood the filter creates. It reminds me of a happy cartoon I'd watch as a kid. I also really like how the pencil brings out the details of the petals. Lovely job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly:

    Wow your filter edits really make a dramatic difference in the macro photos! I really like how the first edit is subtle, but then the second edit is very dramatic. Nice work!

    ~Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your filter edits. They make the edges of both flowers stand out more. My favorite is the second photo because the filter made the flower look more like a painting or a drawing. I also think that it made the different shades of yellow stand out more on the flower. Good job!

    ReplyDelete